Finding Our Office
<1st of December: Great News! THIS SITE NO LONGER MAINTAINED. Gravity is super excited to report that its NEW SITE has been launched, click on the button at right to jump straight there and enjoy all the information you need in a much sexier format than in this site!!.
Print out these handy little instructions so you can find our office -- you'll probably need them as it is a little hidden away.
REMEMBER: You can always book and pay online through our web site and we will send you all the information you need ... and save you a visit to our office!
Our address is:
GRAVITY ASSISTED MOUNTAIN BIKING
Av. 16 de Julio #1490
Planta Baja, Oficina #10
La Paz, BOLIVIA
Tel: (591) 2 231-3849 (English spoken)
Fax: (591)2 231-0023
Instructions for locating the office:
1. Go to the Prado (the main boulevard through the center of town) and look for the movie theatre "Cine Monje Campero," which is painted a garish green and light purple (it's on the corner of El Prado and Calle Bueno).
2. Cross the Prado so you are on the other side from the movie theatre.
3. You should be standing outside a tall office building that has a pharmacy and a sports shoe store in the front of it (Edificio Avenida #1490 - the building sign is in red but is very small and hard to see).
4. This is our building. Walk to the back of the ground floor and look for the hideous imitation stained-glass wall at the end of the hallway. Go down to the wall and you will see the metal glowing sign for GRAVITY ASSISTED MOUNTAIN BIKING on your left, and the America Tours SRL sign on your right... and you will have found us!! Don't be distracted by any sneaky imitators who might have briefly moved into our building
5. If you get lost, ask for people to give you directions to "El Cine Monje Campero" or phone us on 2-313849 and we'll give you directions from where you are (English and Spanish spoken).
NOTE: The office is open every Saturday (10am - 3pm). It is always closed on Sunday, so if you need to talk to us, please call our Duty Cell 7721-9634... We HIGHLY recommend that you book online (refer the link "Booking a 1-day ride" at right) if you think you might have difficulty getting to our office during our hours.
Good luck, and see you at the office soon.
Finally a hostel in La Paz everyone can and DOES recommend!!
Lonely Planet: South America on a Shoestring (2007) says:
"Adventure Brew Hostel. The name says it all. This brand-new abode on the block offers designer-style rooms, funky communal spaces, pancake breakfasts, as well as fun on tap. Yes there`s an authentic microbrewery on site.". Pg 192.